Published On: Sun, Jan 12th, 2020

Royal provides surprise Queen admission ahead of Harry and Meghan’s Sandringham showdown | Royal | News


Her Majesty attended the Sunday service at St Mary Magdalene Church ahead of the family’s crisis talks on Monday. Also in attendance was Peter Phillips, the Queen’s eldest grandson. 

When asked how the Queen was bearing up since the news, Princess Anne’s son replied saying Her Majesty was “alright” according to The Daily Telegraph. 

Prince Charles was not in attendance on Sunday but is expected to fly back to the UK in time for the Sandringham meeting after he attends a condolence ceremony following the death of Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said. 

The meeting on Monday will be the first time the royals have come together since Prince Harry and Meghan Markle made the announcement that they intended to step down as “senior royals”. 

In the aftermath of the decision from the couple, it was reported Her Majesty had not been informed of the impending decision. 

Moreover, it was also reported the Queen was “hurt” by the announcement according to the BBC’s royal correspondent, Jonny Dymond. 

Since the announcement, Harry has remained in the UK while Meghan has flown to Canada but will reportedly join the discussions remotely. 

A royal source told The Daily Telegraph: “The family will gather on Monday at Sandringham to talk things through, attended by Her Majesty, the Prince of Wales, the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex.

“Following a series of meetings and consultations across the last few days, there are a range of possibilities for the family to review which take into account the thinking the Sussexes outlined earlier in the week.

“I’m sad about that. All we can do, and all I can do, is try and support them and hope that the time comes when we’re all singing from the same page.

“I want everyone to play on the team.”

During the meeting, Meghan and Harry will be presented with a raft of options as to where they can or should establish their second home. 

In their initial statement, released on their Sussex Royal Instagram page, the pair had revealed they will split their time between the UK and Canada. 

With that in mind, it is not known how the couple’s security will be run while they also revealed their intention to abandon the ‘Royal Rota’ system which gives the media special access to Royal Family members. 



Source link

Most Popular News

Safe Water